How to set up Visual Studio 2010 (Express Edition)
There is a short how-to compile original C++ source codes of the book Programming Game AI by Example.
- Download, compile and install boost.
- Download, compile and install lua 5.1.3
(you dont need to do this until chapter 6).
Newer lua version did not work!
Add lua dll file(s) to
- Download and unzip original source code.
- Open project in Visual Studio 2010 and let it convert to newer version.
- Include directories as is shown on the pictures below.
Open project properties dialog and add include and library directories for both Debug and Release configurations …
There was a bug in the source code, which I had to repair,
before I was able to compile the project successfully.
Unfortunatelly I do not remember what It was. Just see the errors after your first compile try, find the row which cause it and repair it (it was not so hard o do it).
- Original C++ source to download (in Samples Materials section).